People fell in love, spend time together and decide to marry. After that, they will have their first child. Congrats! Now, are you ready to become parents? A lot of people nowadays are not ready to become parents. When their first child got born, they don’t know what to do. What should you do? If you are reading this article that means that you are searching for information about parenting, and that will be the first thing that you should do. Find out more about parenting tips and techniques.
A group of parents who wants to know how they can better take care of their children
Perhaps, one of the best thing that newly married couple today is to enroll in parenting classes. Some parents who already have children also enroll in this program as it will guide them to become a better parent for their children.
- For a parent, infancy stage must have been the most difficult time because the baby is so fragile and sensitive. That is why the parents should be extra careful in handling them. You as a parent should learn what to do and what not to do can help you to better take care of your new bundle of joy. This is essential to lessen the mistake that you could do when taking care of your child.
- Parenting classes prepares you mentally for anything that you may encounter for as a parent. Most first time parents don’t have any idea on handling babies. Sure, you can learn it from your parents, but what if they aren’t around anymore; surely will be a lot of mistakes on your part. When you opt for a parenting class, you will know more about pertinent and important issues concerning parenting.
- Enrolling in parenting classes before the delivery of the child helps in cutting down the stress level that you might undergo as a parent. One of the biggest mistakes that new parents often do is worry too much. Most of the time, they are always thinking about whether or not they will be good parents or whether or not they will be competent enough to get the job done. These are fears associated with parenting and will turn your experience into hell if you can’t keep it at a bay.
Some parents are contented with how the way they do parenting for their young, but there are others who want to find out if there is a new technique in parenting kids. A wise man once said that, in life, ‘the only thing that we can control is ourselves.’ With this phrase comes the idea of new parenting technique.
Self control is something that new parent should know
You can control a whole lot of things in your life, like computer setting, choosing your favorite TV programs in your home. There is no limit on which you can control if you put your mind into it, but the only thing that you cannot control is other people. No matter how tough you might seem, there is no way to control them totally.
With the knowledge that the only thing that we control is ourselves, comes the opportunity to take control of yourself. You should know how to capitalize from that power in governing yourself. If you fully control yourself, then there is no need to control other people. You are going to be confident about yourself, and that is a good technique that you can use in parenting. When other people see a confident person, they say; ‘this is a girl/ guy we can look upon.’
The same thing can be used to inspire your kids. If they see you as a respectable figure then will want to be like you; thus you will get the respect that you want.
Even youths know who should they respect and follow. You don’t need to become someone that they fear to be followed. You just need to show that you are not there to tell them on how to react because you are the living proof on how to react right.
Back when Benjamin Franklin was young, he made a list of things that he want to change about himself. He listed them on a piece of paper. One by one he conquered his unwanted traits and this gives way for him to become respectable.
Remember when your kid use to be kind and happy all the time? Well don’t expect that once they reached their teen years as everything changes and that includes their attitudes. Some parent felt frustrated that their children about the recent change in their children most of the time, the only time that parents and children decided to seek counseling is when the relationship is all bruised up. Parents get hurt, and teens see them as their enemy. Each one thinks that the other is a threat so parents would threat their kid with kicking out of the house while teen threaten their parents to run away from home.
Teens get anger easily, it is important for a parent to know how to handle them
While the situation is hard to live by, there are ways to pacify the situation and get the two sides reconciled. If both sides still fight then there is still a hope for the relationship, it simply proves that each side cares for the other. You need to realize that your kid angers are not about you. Here are a few ways to mend a broken relationship.
- Don’t Quit! The worst thing that you could do is quit being a parent for them. Try to express your love to the even though, they are not showing how they love you.
- Don’t Be so Grim! A sense of humor will make a tense situation into a mellow situation. Your kids may be serious, but if you aren’t going to argue with them during those tensed times then there will be a chance to think and realize how wrong they were.
- Don’t Take it Personally! Their anger are not towards you, so try to stay calm as possible. Treat your kid with love and kindness throughout their life. If you have done something wrong then apologize.
- Do Understand Your Kid’s Fears! For teens, growing up and all the changes that accompany it is scary. They don’t know what is happening with them so try to understand them for now. Those fears won’t last long, and your teen will become an adult soon.
- Do Watch for Depression! Like adults, teen also suffer from depression. Try to find some professional help if all things fail. A professional might identify the problem that the kids can’t tell you.
New parents should learn a lot of things, and they can learn it from older parents. You can learn them from talking to older people or even your parents. They could share a thing or two to you about parenting to help you become a better parent.
Dealing with children like our parents used to do
Talking to people with lots of experience about parenting lets you learn more about the different techniques about parenting. Some people have taken into their account to deal with children on a daily basis and are quite successful on what they do. Their advice can help you big time to understand your children and be a better parent.
In general, most kids like to do social things like playing and talking to other kids at the same age. They like playing with toys and games and other things that may put a smile on their face. You can use these to your advantage on teaching them on how to be a good citizen.
There are different games that can help teach your kids to be productive. You just need to find and identify them. It can be in the form of computer games or old school games. You must learn about some of these things if you want to prepare your kids in their adult life.
Never regret a child’s feeling as it means a lot and can foretell about their success as they grow up. First and foremost, you need to understand that children act out because they want your attention. They want to get it whether or not it is negative or positive, they are happy as long as they get what they want.
It is normal for children to seek attention if you want them to prevent from getting your negative attention; you need to provide them with positive attention. You must know how to appreciate all the things that they have do right.
Try to be as honest as possible to them because it is hard to gain their trust once you break their trust. There are some things needed to be kept secret as they won’t understand it, regardless on how much you explain it. Their feeble minds are not capable of understanding something that their mind can’t reach.
1. Family decisions should become ‘cabinet decisions’ as soon as the children are old enough to understand simple questions. As in the cabinet, everyone can have a say. Parents should show a genuine interest in what the children say, but their decision has to be final.
2. Plan leisure activities. The old cliche about ‘families who play together stay together’ is true. Joint interests will help the family through the difficult teenage years and lay the foundations for later adult friendships.
3. Be straightforward and honest with your children. Discuss with them, and in front of them, the situation in the Balkans, the problems of one-parent families and the ‘druggie’ households on the other side of town. Never assume children are too young.
4. Kindly realism rather than liberalism produces happy children. Children should be taught to accept other people’s frailties and peculiarities and should learn that it shouldn’t make any difference to the way they are approached. On the other hand, they should also learn that, while many desires and feelings are understandable and natural, they often have to be kept in check. Having a realistic, honest appreciation of the motivations of other people in childhood can be life-saving.
5. The children of two types of parents are most likely to appear in the psychiatrist’s clinic. The children of both the over-strict disciplinarian and the over-liberal, youth-worshipping adult may be in trouble later. Statistics show that if a happy medium can’t be reached, it’s better to be over-liberal than over-strict.
6. While it is almost impossible to avoid subconsciously putting pressure on children to do well, try and avoid it.
7. There are types of children-parent relationships which, difficult as it already may be, make a family situation even more fraught. The parent-stepchild relationship is supposed to be the most difficult in the household. Aim for friendship and mutual respect. Unfair as it is, love usually evades these relationships and if there has been an expectation of it, there is disappointment on both sides.
8. The other difficult relationship occurs in one-parent families. Usually some level or degree of emotional co-dependency develops between the parent and the child. The child has to be both child and locum spouse. This burden is too great for many children. They grow up too fast and appear unusually mature. Unfortunately, the experience stays with them and they will always thereafter seek to recreate it by finding mates who are dependent on them. They drift into jobs that utilize or exploit their caring natures but may not be fully stretching their other abilities.